Dec 4, 2013

Goodwill Hunting

As always, I like posting my latest finds for your enjoyment. I haven't had a lot of time since the Fall started to go thrift shopping, but I have gotten lucky on the few times I did manage to go over the semester. Here are some of my favorites from the past couple months, sourced from Goodwill stores, local hospice shops, eBay, and a few other places.

While my recent finds might have originally retailed for as much as $1,750 in total, by shopping in the style of the Thrifty Prep...we now have that money to spend on more booze er, textbooks for Spring semester!


Shown here is a Nicky Milano grenadine tie, an Italian maker esteemed for their high quality neckwear. This one was only $1 for me, but retails for approximately $165.
Also pictured is a eBay BB OCBD I picked up for about $50, and the Southwick jacket I scored a while ago for under $10.

Brooks Brothers Cashmere sweater purchased on eBay. These retail for about $400 when not on sale, so I was happy to snag this one for ~$30. Also pictured, a BB buttondown I found over the summer for $4.



This Press lambswool scarf in a Kilgour tartan was something I found last Spring, but now it's finally approaching Winter again and I hope to get some use out of it. Purchased from an online forum for $12, Retails for around $60.

A Quartet of shirts: The green check is a Barbour (first item I've found from them) and the rest are Brooks. Paid ~$4 each. Total retail ~$350


A lovely Brooks Merino wool sweater I found for $6. Retail ~$200


More Nicky ties! $2 for what might cost $250

A trio of ties, including a Faconnable floral Nicky repp, and Turnbull & Asser pindot. Only $3 with an estimated retail price of around $300 


I seldom find nice belts in my size, but this one was full leather, made in USA, and only two bucks. Just for fun, I found this made in Scotland tartan tie that is perfect for any holiday party.


I had my birthday in November, and one of my favorite gifts has to be this awesome rowing oars belt from The Belted Cow. Their belts are made in Maine and offer some really great designs to choose from. Pictured are blades from Marietta and WPI.



Last but not least, my most recent birthday was a particularly good number, and thus, here is my recommendation for your Holiday parties. Yumm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment